Yesterday we had quite an eventful afternoon. Brayden was running full throttle trying to grab his sippy cup when he ran straight into the side of the coffee table. That's when I heard a wet crack-like sound (kind of graphic I know). He hit the floor right after that and grabbed his forhead.There was blood everywhere. When I took his hand off I realized he had a huge gash above his eyebrow. I could see part of skull and that's when I knew we needed to go. He started screaming when he saw the blood and we all made a dash to the Urgent Care. Austin and his dad were on their way back from a job in Island Park and were trying to meet me there along with Austin's mom who was coming to pick Kaydree up for me. We all made it there and everyone helped us out. In the meantime I was feeling bad for Brayden and felt so rushed while waiting because yesterday was the 1st day of my swim club starting back up. I had to be there early to orientate and coach the kids.
But we all made it!! And Brayden was so brave.
He must have eaten half a dozen suckers while getting all sewn up!! The doctor even gave him some pop afterwards (definitely a highlight for Brayden). :)
But I have to say he is one tough cookie!!
While waiting in the waiting room Kaydree kept her arm around Brayden and told him, "Don't worry Brayden, the doctor's will make everything ok". It was so sweet.
The most painful part of it all, the numbing cream!
One Tough Cookie!!!




.jpg)





5 comments:
Poor poor Brayden! It seems he's had his share of rough falls. He's so cute, even with his skull visible.
Oh my goodness! That looks horrible! I'm glad he's okay. Boys are so crazy. The smile on his face in the last picture is priceless!
Oh my goodness... that is heartbreaking!!
That happened to Dawson when he just started walking. He fell and hit the corner of the stair banister. The blood gushing out in the rythm of his heartbeat was enough to make me panic! So I can only imagine what you were going through... alone!
I am glad everything turned out good and he IS one tough cookie!
Ok so you said you have good news for me.... if it is what I am thinking... CONGRATS!
Poor guy, his little pouting face is makes me so sad...I think that I would be freaking out! What a sweet big sister Kaydree is! Brayden is such a cutie, I love that last picture of him!
ouch, that looks so bad! Glad he's ok
Post a Comment