Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let The Party Begin!

This past weekend we had so much fun being able to hang out together with our family. We had a Super Bowl/Birthday Party for Austin's birthday on Sunday. I felt so bad for Austin and Kaydree because they both caught some nasty flu ( Austin just found out he has an ear infection, sinus infection, and bronchitis :( ) so some of our family made their stay short but we still had fun! Super Bowl is a big deal in our family so we all watched and waited for our team to win ( that being the Cardinals b/c I love rooting for the underdogs! except my brother-in-law who loves the Steelers and always will pick the right team who wins, always). So needless to say, he was the only one who went home happy...but we all had a fun night and I sure did cook up some mean food! :) Happy Birthday Austin!!!

This is a really bad picture but all the rest look
like he's half out of it. :) He really is handsome!!!
Kaydree wanted to help daddy do everything!!


Brayden all ready for some football...hey it's the only one
we had!! He loves football already and Austin thinks and wishes
he'll go pro!

Austin's brother always performs and sings songs
for everyone's birthday. This time was HSM 3!!



Lately it seems that there could be a light at the
end of the tunnel. Kaydree and Brayden seem to
be playing together and not screaming non-stop.
I think they realized that it was easier to just to get
along.... I'm still waiting for all of you who said that
because they are so close they will be such good friends. :)
But they bring me so much joy from little moments like these!




Yes, I got my hair done again. My cousin does
hair and charges me just for supplies and I love her!
It's so fun having short hair and Austin loves it too!
And here are some pics of some of our recent
projects we have been working on. This old
camera does nothing justice and the mantle has
not been stained yet and we need our painters to come back
...but I love what I see so far!!
Wa-la!!

7 comments:

Tyra said...

you look gorgeous! Maybe it is because they are a boy and a girl instead of 2 of one....but my boys still fight one minute, best buds the next.

Tyra said...

oh and tell Austin Happy Bday!

Annalee Taylor said...

Your hair is so cute, I need mine done despratley!! I love your house too...you know that, but seriously I want it!

Caralee and Jon said...

I love the pictures. The house looks so good. Sorry Austin was so sick, that sticks! We were rooting for the cardinals too. Happy Birthday Austin. Jon found out he will be in American Fork so not too far away! YAY!

Caralee and Jon said...

Oh PS I like your hair!

Becky said...

First of all.. your hair looks SOOOO good! I love it. Second, Happy Birthday Austin. I'm sorry you were so sick. Third, did you forget that I have a check for you and fourth... when are we going to the movie?

The Skousens said...

Oh that's a bummer that Austin was sick on his birthday. I love your new haircut and color...beautiful!!! That's so cute that they are playing well now! Your kids are so cute!!!