Monday, December 15, 2008

A Not So Jolly Weekend

This weekend Austin and I headed off to Utah for his cousin's wedding. We were able to leave the kids with his family for the entire weekend and I was excited!! His cousin's wedding was in Salt Lake. While we were attending his wedding, Austin's truck had been broken into. Actually, his whole window of his truck was bashed in by some sort of crow bar. We noticed it when we went outside to grab the wedding gift. We saw the theives and their truck take off....the police didn't catch them but I was mad! They stole all of MY stuff! My new purse, my makeup bag, my new camera with very important pics on it, all of our Christmas gift money on gift cards, credit and debit cards, my car keys (I have NO spare), and my cell phone!! It pretty much stinks too. We spent the whole first night trying to cancel everything and cleaning up glass. Did I mention it was a Blizzard!! His uncle had to loan us money just to be able to eat and get gas.
The second day we spent looking for a place to fix our window (we had to borrow money again) and we got to hang out with my sister and her husband at Temple Square. We spent the night at their apartment.
And the third day Austin's relatives got us tickets for the Sounds of Sunday and the Christmas concert. President Monson and Uchtdorf were there! That was THE Highlight of our weekend! After that we drove home 4 hours through another blizzard. SAD DAY!!! I am still a little bit bitter and having difficulty coping but at least no one was hurt.

If anyone does have an old cell phone they'd like to get rid of I will see if my provider will accept it. Thanks for letting me vent. I will try to figure out a way to take and post pics SOON!

8 comments:

The Piepers said...

That stinks. Bummer!!!!!!!! I'd be mad too.

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

I am sooo sorry I hope the insurance will cover what you got stolen I tried to call you and noone would answer. that is why. I think I would be super mad.

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

tell me what you think of my profile pic is it to suductive?

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

k I need your e-mail so I can write to you with out blogging

The Siders Family said...

Hey there Tam, I am so sorry to hear what happened. I wanted to talk to you. Should I just call Austins phone or were you able to find a new one. Let me know. P.s good thing we upload some of those pictures to your computer.

amelia said...

Some people suck. That is such a pain - good luck getting all your credit card and account stuff fixed, that is no fun.

The Skousens said...

Oh my goodness, that is awful! I'm so sorry to hear that! How can people do that?!

The McClellan Family said...

On No! That's horrible~I hope that you get everything worked out. Who would have thought that would happen in Salt Lake?