Monday, January 11, 2010

{Our Newest Addition!!.........He's Here!}

Jaxton Lavon Farmer
Born Thursday, Jan. 7th @5:31 PM
8 pounds 8 ounces, 21 1/2 inches long


In all his glory! :)


I went into the hospital Thursday morning to be induced. When I got there and the doctor checked me he said that the labor process had already started but that I need to be put on pitocin anyway to speed up the process since my body wasn't progressing fast enough. When the contractions were really going towards the end Jaxton's heart rate would drop significantly, so we were told that the cord was probably around his neck and that we didn't need to worry too much. When he was delivered, we learned and saw this....the cord was in a complete knot. The doctor said that this was a miracle that he had survived because it almost always ends in a still birth. So he's our little miracle. :) If we would have waited another day or two he might not have made it. I was pretty emotional and thankful.


This was taken right after the delivery.


Daddy and his boy!



Dr. Watson- we love him!! Austin and him were giving up hope on me because @ 6pm was the BCS championship game and they threatened to make me wait to deliver until half time if he didn't come before then. :)
Our nurse Lael!! She was awesome!
Our other nurse Fay and the kids giving him his first bath.

Kaydree and Jaxton
Our newest family photo!!!

Getting ready to leave the hospital

All dressed up. We sure did have to bundle up!!

Last picture before leaving and waiting for our van to heat up.
And this......the unthinkable happened to us on the way home. A 83 year old lady pulled out in front of us on the highway going home. Luckily Austin swerved out of the way enough to miss hitting her and hit the back end of her car. My NEW van is ruined for now but really it saved our lives. I was emotional already but everyone was safe and the old lady was too. But it was so scary!! Jaxton slept through the whole ordeal and is truly a miracle baby!!
But we're all doing good and we have survived our first 3 days as a family of 5!! :) I love being a mommy!!

20 comments:

The Brundage's said...

We are so happy all is well. He is so beautiful. Its amazing all the things he has overcome so far, he must be a tuff one. We cannot wait to meet him. You look so good after delivering, your super mom and truely due just spit them out. Well we love you and will see you soon.

Kristin said...

Yeah! Congrats to you and your family! I am so happy for you both :)

The Piepers said...

Wow, that's way to much stress for your first few days! I'm so glad Jaxton made it. Congratulations!

Tyra said...

oh my! What a week you've had! I am so glad you are all ok! And baby is a miracle :) Congratulations~

Taylor said...

WOW...what a crazy few days! I am sooo glad that everything turned out alright. Jaxton is BEAUTIFUL!! (fits in perfectly with your family) and you look fabulous after JUST having the baby! Congratulations!! :o)

Scott and Jenesee said...

oh my goodness what a story! so glad it all turned out okay. congrats to you and your family! he is adorable!

Annalee Taylor said...

Holy crap... what a day! First off, he is adorable, and I love his name. What a cute baby. Second you look amazing... as always. And Third... HOLY SH^T! You got in a wreak on the way home?! That is every moms worst nightmare, I cant believe it! You deserve an award! Get home and stay home! LOL. I am so happy for you guys, cant wait to meet him!

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

Such a cute little man - Congratulations! Now if only our Little Lady would come!

Milan Maternity said...

Wow, Congrats to you guys, and I'm SOOOO glad to hear that everything went well; sounds like it was really a miracle! And...that your blogging so soon afterwards, is a miracle to me! I'm a hermit for at least a week!

The Tolberts said...

Congrats Tammi!! He is adorable! What a litle miracle! I'm so sorry that you got in a wreck on your way home, how scary! I'm so glad that you guys are all okay!

The Skousens said...

My goodness, what a story...he truly is a miracle baby! He's beautiful!!! I love how he is smiling in the family picture, too cute! Congratulations!!!

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

He is super cute!!! Congratulations! You'll have to keep watch on this one. It sounds like he's gonna keep you busy. I have always been paranoid about a wreck on the way home... what are the ods? I am so glad you are safe! You look great, by the way. Can you be prego for me?

Becky said...

Great job! What a gorgeous baby boy. And a miracle for sure! I'm sorry about the accident and greatful it wasn't worse than it was. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Can't wait to see you and the Family

Dana, Proud mommy to 4 said...

Congrats on the little guy. He's so cute!!! Sorry about the wreck. Can't wait to see the little guy when you come back to the apple! Now you need to put updated house pictures.

Mike and Katie said...

So glad that little cute Jaxton is doing good. Sad to hear what happened on your way home on top of everything else!! congrats!!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! Glad everyone is safe!

Audrey said...

He is just adorable Tammi! Ok, that knot in your umbilical cord... YIKES! And then to get into a wreck and everyone be safe, he IS a MIRACLE baby!
Congrats to you guys and it is true... you look great! (hope ya feel great too!)

Mary C. said...

Cogratulations! Wow, you guys have lots of angels looking out for you! I am so glad everyone's okay! Your baby is so cute!

Anonymous said...

love to play with his tiny balls and dicklet