Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tag

I'm sorry I didn't post pictures in this! They are all packed up right now!!

1. Where did you meet your husband?
I met Austin on April 16th 2004 while working at the special olympics that were being held at BYU-Idaho. He was there with his parents and his little sister because his brother was competing. His little brother has down syndrome. I was asked to hold the doors open so that the hundreds of competitors could make it to the platform for the torch lighting. His sister and him also held open the 2nd set of doors. I had briefly saw him inside but he was with his family so I said nothing earlier. So when we realized we'd be holding doors open awhile we figured we should start doing some talking. (I think we were both blushing).

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I think we just said hi first and I asked him who he was here for so we started talking about him first and I found out he had just gotten home from serving his mission in the Philippines (He was so HOT and tan..I think my hands may have even been clamy...too much info :) ). We started having fun after He admitted to me that he thought I was a competitor too!!! How embarrassing....because I was talking amongst the participants....How rude!!?? It was funny thankfully. That broke the ice!! Then I hung out with him and his sister for the next few minutes until his parents started coming down the stairs to exit the building. He said he needed to go and so he said bye real quick. The next day was the events day and I secretely waited and waited until I saw him outside in the stadium. It just so happened that I was in charge of the track and field events, which his brother was competing in...so when we got a break he came down and we started talking. He invited me inside to eat luch with his family and even made me a sandwich too!! I got the whole awkward thing over with within 24 hrs. of meeting!! It was nice. After lunch we played ball out in the field like little kids with his little sister too and so I got to ask her lots of questions to get the dirt out on him....Oh, the good ole' days. After it was over we sat in his truck to talk and he gave me a ride to my car. We exchanged numbers and he called me that day.

3. Where was your first date?
That night we talked and he came over to my apartment to hang out and we looked at pictures and openly talked about things. The next day he called and asked if I wanted to go for a drive to show me the ropes of Idaho. He said he needed to make a quick stop and (do I have to??) it was to his old high school girlfriend/waited for him but dear Jane'd her girlfriend to go to her house to pick up his stuff like snowboards and a box of stuff. Talk about awkward!! It's funny now...I don't know how we made it past this....But we never did have an official first date.

4.Where was your first kiss?
This might make everyone think differently of me but I kissed him that night that we went out!! It was just innocent fun....what can I say...we both liked it though. :)

5. How long did you date for?
We dated for 10 and a half months until we were married (I wanted to make sure and sense of a few things ...). I think it was the best thing ever!

6. Where did you get engaged?
This is the confusing part....we knew we were both in love around the time of when a huge famiyl tradegy came..I think it brought us a lot closer....we picked out a ring together in July 04' when we went down to Provo to meet with my sisters for the first time. He bought the ring with me there...I wore it the whole drive home....BUT to really answer the question...not officially until 3 weeks before we got married. I came home from work on Valentine's day. While at work his family got me all moved into our apartment. When I went inside, Austin was down on one knee with candles, rose petals, and the whole kit and caboodle. Aww, how romantic! Finally!!!

7. When and where were you married?
We got married Friday, March 4th 2005 (3/4/05) in the Idaho Falls, Idaho Temple.

8. How did the reception go?
It turned out great!! My immediate family as well as some of my extended family came and it was beautiful. It snowed the night before when all of my family arrived, which made it a cold wedding day too...It all really went by so fast and we had tons of friends and relatives come from all over. It turned out really beautiful. The only downfall is that between him and his 30+ odd immediate close cousins is that our car was trashed!!! I mean confetti, cans, whipped topping, chocolate syrup, cookies...inside and out....but we all survived somehow.

9. How was the honeymoon?
After leaving the reception after 10pm and spending 2 hrs at a spray and wash, we managed to spend our first night in Pocatello and then in Twin Falls, Boise and Jackpot Nevada...and yes I gambled $1 in pennies...just to say I did it!! But we really didn't have time to take a real honeymoon being that I had school and he had to work that following Monday. Our real honeymoon wasn't until November that year when we decided to head back to the Philippines...and it was amazing(even though I was around 6 and half/7 months pregnant!). I am so glad we finally got to go though!! I can't wait to go back again very soon!


10. I tag.....
Noelle Taylor, Angie Ingram, and Becky Grider

4 comments:

Caralee and Jon said...

Oh cute!

Annie and Dan said...

So cute! I was just thinking to myself how I need to write Dan and my story down on our blog! It is so fun to read about other people's story!

It's a Wonderful Life said...

I found you! this is Angie by the way! My blog is Angiebigelow.blogspot.com. Your blog is so cute

AmyDawn said...

Hey, Tammi, it's great to see you on here! I loved reading all about how you met your husband. I'm a sucker for all of that stuff! We miss you around here!